Friday, May 7, 2010

Couponing For Community May 2-8


I know I'm a little behind the game on this one, given that this event "officially" ends tomorrow May 8th. But, I've been meaning to post some information in regards to giving and donating in our community and so this is a perfect opportunity!

As couponers, often times we buy in large quantity to get the best deal (remember the Sunmart Cereal deal?) Buying ahead when cheap or FREE is one of my shopping principles, but it also makes for quite a bit in my basement pantry at any given time. (Which I lovingly call my mini-mart. :) I regularly share items I don't need or won't use with friends, families in need, local pantries and shelters or other drives. This week, Couponing for Community is all about that.

Here are some suggestions for you if you'd like to join in and go through your stockpile to give and share with others this weekend.

This food drive by the National Association of letter carriers is tomorrow May 8th. Set non-perishables out at your mailbox and letter carriers will gather and distribute the items to local food banks and pantries. It doesn't get much easier than that, does it? They do ask that you not donate foods in glass jars. This, again, is tomorrow, May 8th. I've heard that if you miss the mail carrier, you can take your donation to the post office, where bins will be set up, but I can't confirm this.

Join in the cause on Facebook as well! For every person that "likes" Stamp Out Humger on Facebook before Monday morning, Campbell's will donate one can of soup!

Located at 1308 Main Avenue Moorhead
Contact the Pantry Director: 218–284–8895 or fmddh.foodpantry @ gmail.com (remove spaces)
Needs (as listed on their website): Non-perishable food items, toiletries and household items


Located at 1325 11th Street S. Fargo
Contact: 701-232-6219
Needs: Non-perishable food items

  • Emergency Food Pantry
Located at 1438 10th Street North, Fargo
Contact: 701-237-9337
Needs: Non-perishable food items


Head on over to the Couponing for Community Facebook page to see descriptions and pictures from others who have donated and joined in the cause as well!

I'll post an update tomorrow on what I'm able to give from my pantry!

2 comments:

  1. You can also donate food (they will take perishable as well as non-perishable) to the FM Ronald McDonald house to help out families going through medical trials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also consider donating to the YWCA shelter. I lived there 17 years ago, and I know how much donations are appreciated when you arrive at the shelter with little more than the clothes on your back. Some of the items they accept are cleaning products, hygiene items (soap, shampoo, tampons, etc.), diapers, strollers, paper products (paper towels, etc.) and batteries. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete