Friday, May 13, 2011

Stamp Out Hunger Tomorrow 5/14!


I'd encourage you all to consider joining in the Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive tomorrow, Saturday May 14!

This is one of the easiest ways I know to share with those in need in your community, because your mail carrier picks it for you!  Just set out your donation of non-perishable food items in a bag (please no glass containers or expired items) and place it by your mailbox tomorrow. Your mail carrier will take it to a local donation site. In our area, donations go to the Great Plains Food Bank.  Easy peasy!

As "couponers," we all know that often times to get the best deal, you need to buy several of an item at once. Or, sometimes we have several coupons that will equal free or cheap groceries and are able to stock up!  Because I shop with these principles, I find donating to causes like this (and many others) to be particularly easy (I just go to my basement pantry and load a bag or two), inexpensive (most of the items cost very little actual money) and rewarding (I feel like I can give more generously than I may have once been able to do).

If you want more info, head over to the Stamp Out Hunger page or Stamp Out Hunger on Facebook!  If you'd like, join in the Couponing for Community group and share photos of your donation and find out what other couponer's do to give back!

No comments:

Post a Comment