Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pantry Challenge Menu Plan + Freezer Cooking!

I'm still menu planning and trying to eat from the pantry this week though I'm a few days late in posting my plans!

I was able to do a nice freezer cooking afternoon with a friend this last weekend and we stored away more than 10 meals each, plus the fixings for a few more. I can tell we're getting close to this little baby's arrival and so after the weekend I'm trying to slow down and rest more as well as take care of odds and ends around the house. Until baby makes her arrival, here is the plan:

Make Ahead Lunch Wraps
Dilled Chicken Salad (part of our freezer cooking was cooking several whole chickens in the crock pot and freezing the cooked meat in portions for recipes like this one)
Make Ahead Lunch Wraps (we altered this recipe a bit)
Wild Rice Hotdish (made ahead in the freezer)
Chili, Cornbread
Tuna Casserole, Green Beans from the garden (didn't get to this last week)

Are you menu planning along with me? How is it going? Since I'm trying to use what I have in the pantry, I enjoy the feeling of knowing I'm using things I've purchased at great prices ahead of time. Definitely the hardest part for me is sitting down at the beginning of the week and going through what I have and trying to be somewhat creative in meal planning without buying too many extra ingredients.

What about you? What challenges have you come across and what is working for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment