Thursday, June 24, 2010

What are YOU Buying at Sunmart this Week?



Remember the fabulous $3/5 Our Family items in-ad coupon I told you about here?

These kinds of coupons provide LOTS of opportunity for bargain shopping! What have you been buying with your coupons?

Remember, the coupon is worth .60 toward each of 5 items.  The best part is that the register does not lower the coupon amount if your items total less than $3!

So far, I've found the following Our Family items that will be free or cheap after the coupon:

Tomato Sauce .33
Iodized Salt: .39
6 oz Yogurt cups .49
Canned Veggies .50
Canned Mushrooms .50
Boxed Mac N' Cheese .50
Canned Tuna .67
Canned Mandarin Oranges .75
Vinegar (smallest bottle) .75
Diced Tomatoes (Rotel Style) .77
Ketchup/BBQ Sauce .79
Hot Dog/Hamburger Buns .99

We've been low on yogurt, so I've been taking the opportunity to purchase several yogurts along with other items that are priced just above .60 and come out about even on each transaction I've done.  Here's what I've been up to this week:


Transaction #1:
 4 Canned Tuna .67 = $2.68
1 Yogurt Cup .49
Total after $3 coupon: .17!

Transaction #2
3 Yogurt Cups .49 = $1.57
1 Salt .39
1 Graham Crackers $1.50 (getting ready to grill up some s'mores soon!)
Total after $3 coupon: .46!

Transaction #3
5 Yogurt cups .49 =  $2.45
Total after $3 coupon: .55 toward other items in my order!

Transaction #4
2 Hot Dog Buns .99 = 1.98 (it's hard to get these any lower than .99!)
3 Yogurt Cups .49 = $1.57
Total after $3 coupon: .55! (thanks to my 3 yogurt cups, the buns were only .28 each!)

I've tried to get a good deal on things we actually need. It's tough to get a great deal on some groceries, so when opportunities like this come along, it's time to take advantage!

So, what have YOU been buying at Sunmart this week?

3 comments:

  1. We eat a lot of potato chips in the summer with grilling, etc. I've purchased several bags of OF chips, OF brownie mixes (40 cents), butter, BBQ sauce, and lunch meat. I think the BBQ sauce might have been free, but most of the items were less than a dollar. We love it!
    Vonnie in Mhd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost feel guilty how much I have taken advantage of this incredible deal. I drive right past two sunmarts on my way to and from work so I make at least two stops a day. I have used the printable coupons to get 3 tunas and two butters for a total of $.74 - did this 4x. When the coupons ran out I find if I buy 4 tomato sauces that still leaves 1.68 in savings, so butter is still practically free. I have been using the four tomato sauces to apply that remaining 1.68 savings to many items, granola bars, butter, a rotel equivalent, etc. Last night for supper the wife and I made a spanish rice (2 cups of rice browned dry in veg. oil, then add 2.5 cups water, one can tomato sauce and bullion (enough for 2 cups) and it was AMAZING) - so I don't feel too bad about all this tomato sauce I'm accumulating. I will also probably donate some to food pantries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cream of chicken was 1.05 and I believe it was the 25 street store that had bleach for 1.29 a gallon.
    I think PICKLES were my favorite. Can't have enough Dill pickles in the house.

    ReplyDelete