Sunday, June 27, 2010

Let's Get Together (and Swap Coupons, too!)

Last month, several of us crazy couponers got together to swap coupons, share tips and get to know each other a little. It was a blast!

Here's a photo (I'm in the green hoodie on the right):


Everyone had a great time!  And, the consensus was that we should plan these "Get Togethers" more often!  Lots of coupons were swapped, we shared tips on organizing our coupons and cashiers that make our day.  Overall, it was a lot of fun to meet several of you and put face with names for some of you that join in the conversation in the comments on the blog.  I would do this every week if I could!

That being said, I am planning more Get Togethers for the summer!  Many of you mentioned a weekday instead of a weekend during the summer, so I've set one weekday time and one more weekend time for July.  West Acre's Mall seems to be a great central location, plus snacks or drinks are available, but not required. 

So, please plan to join me and several others at our Get-Together + Coupon Swaps on the following days:

Tuesday, July 13 6:30-7:30 PM at the Food Court in West Acre's

and

Saturday, July 24 9:00-10:00 AM at the Food Court in West Acre's

Some and go as you please, or stay the whole time.  You are more than welcome to stay longer, last time several of us stayed for at least 2 hours just enjoying ourselves!

I'll post reminders as we get closer, and I'll set up an event on
FM Cheapskate's Facebook page as well. Feel free to invite friends, anyone is welcome to join!

If you'd like to swap coupons, bring your unwanted coupons in envelopes (you can sort them into food, non-food, pet and baby if you're able) labeled with your name. If you're looking for specific coupons, post on the Coupon Trades Page ahead of time and hopefully others can help you out!

I'm looking forward to it - hopefully I'll see you all soon!

3 comments:

  1. What suggestions can you offer as far as organizing your stockpile?
    Cindy
    www.tidytightwads.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I have 4 and 5 shelf industrial style shelving units that I like a lot for organizing. I always try to pull things to the front and add new items to the back, so things are used in a timely way. Lastly, I give items away constantly, whether it be to friends or shelters or food drives. I love giving and helps me keep a good perspective on all the "things" that can pile up so easily.

    Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete